4/25/10

SIGH.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHHH.
{That pretty much sums up how I'm feeling right now.}
Let me just tell you, this week has been awful. I've been contracting non stop since saturday, I have dilated from a 1 to a 3 since monday, but still not gone into hard labor, walked at LEAST 7 miles total (including 4 in one day, because this was supposed to help..but it didn't), I've had my membranes stripped TWICE (so far..) which is very painful by the way, been admitted to the hospital TWICE (so far...), had to have an IV (which i've never had before and I was terrified of!), all the while wishing my water would just break so I would know FOR SURE he was coming. My doctor said last week if I had been further along he would've induced me..lucky me! But since I'm not, I have to wait till this coming friday (april 30th) for him to legally be able to do anything about my suffering. {speaking of which, I'm having a contraction right now...}
My mom flew in early--she was supposed to come this last friday but came monday instead--because of all the false alarms. I feel bad she's here with no baby, but bless her heart for being here when I'm sooo frustrated and need that mommy support.
LUCKILY, there is an end in sight. We have a scheduled induction for friday, April 30th..so the little guy can't trick us any longer than that. Oh, and BTW, C-section is now out because I feel my body is getting enough practice and is dilating on its own that I will be just fine having him the good ol' fashioned way. {although, I did like the idea of not having to push him out...but I think it'll be better in the long run for future babies to deliver vaginally.}
So there you go. This was my week in a nutshell....Please pray for me. I feel like I'm about to be sent to the loony bin. :/

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is crazy! What an emotional rollercoaster! Well, we'll be praying for you. It'll be so worth it. :) Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete