7/15/10

yummy alternative!!

So, being the little housewife that I am right now, I get to watch a lot of TV. Lately, I've been into watching Dr. Oz--he has such great tips and ideas for a healthier lifestyle! Anyways, I was watching yesterday and he said the top five things to NEVER eat. One of those is simple sugars...I think we all know that too much candy, soda, etc is bad for us. But would you ever think twice about putting jam on your {preferably} whole wheat toast? It's fruit, right? WRONG! Jam, jelly, preserves, whatever you use all have added sugar in them to preserve them! anyone who has made jam before KNOWS how much is in there. However, I AM A SUCKER FOR PB&J's. Love them. I was thinking to myself, how can I live without my favorite go-to-lunch? Until, they gave me knowledge that I would like to enlighten you all with: Put peanut butter on one slice of the bread, and place on top CHOPPED UP FRESH FRUIT!!!! I've had peanut butter and banana sandwiches before {delish!}, but I've never thought to cut up fresh strawberries, raspberries, apples, grapes, whatever fruit I have in the fridge! Today, I tested it. I chopped up a slice of apple and put it on a piece of whole grain bread with a little peanut butter on it. IT WAS SOOOO YUMMY! I can't believe I've never thought of this before. With our country headed the way it is in terms of obesity and diabetes, we can all use this trick to cut out unnecessary sugar from our diet...{did I mention I'm on a diet now? not really a DIET diet, but I'm taking Dr. Oz's advice and cutting out the 5 worst things for me in an attempt to shave away the last of my baby weight} Anywhoo, hope this helps you all! while sugar is delicious and addicting, it does nothing for us and just causes a crash a couple hours later which makes us MORE HUNGRY. Have a great Thursday! here's the link to dr. oz's ultimate diet: http://www.doctoroz.com/challenges/dr-oz-ultimate-diet?hs317=billboard_2

3 comments:

  1. I never thought to do that either! So, what are the other top 4 things??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. white flour, saturated fat, trans fat, and syrups. i edited the post to include the link to his ultimate diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and it's tastes the most like jam if you chop the fruit into little pieces! :)

    ReplyDelete