
We had such a great trip this weekend visiting Matt's family! His grandparents {Maxson's Great-grandparents} had never met Maxson and were SO SO SO excited to see him. He also got to meet his great aunt and uncle, and also a second cousin! We had so much fun! On Matt's birthday {september 10th} we got to go to DISNEYLAND... JUST THE TWO OF US! Maxson hung out with his Grandma JJ while Matt and I were able to just let loose and enjoy ourselves {which is a rare occurrence when you have a 4 1/2 month old}!! It was so nice of JJ to take him, and we had a BLAST! Maxson also got to go to the ocean for the first time, and he was so curious about what the heck sand was {although I didn't let him play in it...its way too gross on that crowded beach}!
In other news, I made baby food for the first time today and Maxson LOVED it! I made him Butternut Squash. It was so easy to make, and one squash made about the equivalent of 4 jars of baby food you'd buy at the grocery store. I've decided to make all of his baby food so that he's not getting preservatives and so that his food is as fresh as can be {and since I only have one child and I stay home with him, it's TOTALLY possible and not a big deal at all}. I also think it'll end up being cheaper too! So it's a win-win-win! :) It was so funny watching him taste the squash for the first time! at first he was like...do I like this? And then he got all excited and opened his mouth all wide ready for another bite! I don't know why I'm so surprised he liked it so much...he's the most easy going baby in the history of babies, so he's game for ANYTHING! He's such a huge blessing in our lives. And now, in a couple of weeks, he'll get to experience the joy of CARROTS! :)
I am going to make all of Isaac's baby food too! I have a cookbook I got at Barnes and Noble that has some recipes (mixing certain veggies and fruits together basically) so they get all of the nutrients they need. It will TOTALLY save you money!!!! Baby food is like a dollar for just one little cup. Way to go Maxson for liking squash!
ReplyDeleteCute family Pic! I'm very impressed that you made baby food! I need to learn how to do that :)
ReplyDelete