1/21/10

SO MUCH TO UPDATE!!! :/





Wow, it officially has been forever since I've blogged!! So much has happened since I blogged from Paris. We had our wedding reception in Seattle in November, which was amazing. We really enjoyed celebrating our new marriage with our family up there...it couldn't have been a more beautiful night. After we got home from Seattle, we moved into our house!! It's been quite the adventure, furnishing an entire home when neither of us had any furniture!! I was so nervous buying things because I was afraid it wouldn't look good when we got it all in... but amazingly it looks way cute and we couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. We love our home!! :)
The holidays were great this year, we actually had christmas at our house! It was a lot of fun, but totally overwhelming because I made Christmas dinner for about 12 people!! Whew. I'm so glad it turned out great and we had a great evening with Matt's family. We were off to California the day after and spent the week hanging out with Mamma JJ and Matt's side over there. I finally got to meet ALL of his mom's side...can you believe I'd never met his only aunt and uncle on his mom's side??
Now, it's the NEW YEAR. I just can't believe it's 2010 already...where does time go?? It's crazy because this was the 3rd new year Matt and I spent together. We're looking forward to spending about 70 more together ;) We've almost been married for 6 months! Crazy, because it feels like so much longer than that. How can we have accomplished all that we have in just 6 short months? We've been in Texas, found out we're having a baby, back to Utah, all over Europe, Seattle, moved into our home, went back to school...it's nuts.
Speaking of school, Matt is in full-swing school mode. He's taking such a hard schedule, I'm so proud of him! Physics, Biology, Chemistry, AND Religion. Whoa. I'm such a lucky girl, I married someone with looks, personality, AND smarts!! :) I'm actually taking a class this semester too! I'm taking Interior Design at Utah Valley University. IT'S SO FUN! I'm loving learning about the do's and dont's of decorating, how to put things together, correct scale, etc. It's great because it gives me something to do to get out of the house twice a week, and I know I'll use it forever. It's already given me more confidence decorating our home and making decisions without second guessing. And, maybe I'll do some freelance design work for family and friends when I complete the course ;)
Baby Maxson is growing perfectly as we speak...it's crazy because he's getting REALLY big!! I'm 25 weeks now...and there is NO HIDING my burgeoning belly. It's fun that people actually KNOW I'm pregnant and not just bloated or full off of too many cheeseburgers. haha! We're really excited for our baby boy to get here. He's already making his presence known around the house...he LOVES to kick me. HARD. But it's fun now because Matt can feel it when he kicks, and it's made it seem a lot more real. My mom was in town this past weekend with Bryan, and it was fun for a lot of reasons, but I was really excited that she got to feel little guy move too. She loved it! It's crazy she's going to be a grandma! wow.
Sorry I've been bad about updating this...I want to be better at it, we've just been WAY busy.
Love you guys!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute picture! And WOW, you guys HAVE been busy!

    Congrats on actually looking PREGNANT now (I was really excited when I got to that point, too!).

    And regarding cooking for 12 people: Kayla... that's HARDLY a challenge for you, so don't even pretend it was. I'd say cooking for 30 people might be more challenging for you... you're a NATURAL. I can barely cook for two...

    Dang, Matt IS taking some hard classes! Good for him, that's awesome.

    YOUR'E TAKING AN INTERIOR DESIGN CLASS?!?!??!?!?! that is SOOOO neat! Yes, come do some work for me! Well, your house definitely was "Kayla" - so good job at reflecting yourselves in your home. :)

    Loves!

    ReplyDelete