5/28/10

25 things I love most about Maxson


Since Maxson was born, I haven't blogged very much. I've had a lot of time to hang out with the little man now that we're in DC, and it is so entertaining being home with him all day. I want this post to be dedicated to my new son, and 25 things I love most about him. Enjoy! :)
(in no particular order...)
1. I love that he has a head full of long, dark, thick hair. It is his most defining (and attention getting) quality!

2. I love that he never cries. What mother would love that right?! He only grunts and OCCASIONALLY whimpers when he's hungry or wants to be held.

3. I love that he loves to suck. Ever since he came out of the womb, he makes this really cute lip pucker and sucks on his tongue...and it makes this cute little almost snorting noise.

4. I love that he has tufts of hair on his ear! It's so funny and cute!

5. I love how he likes to spread his toes all the way out.

6. I love that he gets hiccups all the time because it makes me remember him in my belly always getting the hiccups.

7. I love that he looks exactly like my baby pictures. (after all, I carried him inside of me for 10 months, shouldn't I get some visible credit?! lol)

8. I also love that he has exactly Matt's hair line, ears, and forehead. It makes me miss him less during the day :)

9. I LOVE that he plays with his hair, just like his daddy!

10. I love how strong he is. He can already lift his head, turn it, and roll over from his back to his belly! (its way early for him to be able to roll over!)

11. I love that he likes to hold his own binkie in his mouth with his hand.

12. I love that he is a big cuddle bug. He loves to lay on my chest and wrap his arms around my ribs.

13. I love that he is SUCH A SLOPPY EATER! lol...when he pulls away from nursing, he has milk ALL OVER his face and his clothes are DRENCHED...we've started to get him naked before he eats so he doesn't go through so many outfits!

14. I love that he has my long spindly fingers, and that he loves to wrap them around mine.

15. I love that he scratches and massages my back when he's nursing.

16. I love that he smiles at me when I smile and talk to him.

17. I love that he furrows his brows when I'm giving him a bath, as if he's worried as to whats going to happen.

18. I love how fluffy his hair gets after it gets shampooed.

19. I love that he loves head massages and scratches.

20. I love that he's a mamma's boy. He gets fussy when he realizes that I'm not around.

21. I love that he came from the love that Matt and I have for each other.

22. I love that he gets frantic to suck on something when he needs to poop :)

23. I love that he has the cutest, smallest, wrinkliest butt.

24. I love that he throws up gang signs when he's naked.

25. I LOVE that he is part of our family, ours forever, and that I get to watch him grow up and teach him how to be amazing.

I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!! I can't imagine life without our Maxson.

4 comments:

  1. Oh he is too sweet! Enjoy every second, they grow WAY too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! He is such a sweet little boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute!! I love your choice of words.. "tufts of hair", "spindly fingers".

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will keep those wonderful memories forever because you wrote them down! Good for you! Mark's mother would tell a story about mark and then invariably, halfway through the story, she would say, "No, I think that was really Paul that did that." I learned from her that if I wanted to remember and keep things straight forever, I would need to journal. I am grateful for every story and memory I wrote.

    ReplyDelete