On Friday, April 30th, we woke up at 5 am to go to the hospital by 6 to get induced. Unfortunately, at 5:30, the hospital told us it was too busy and so we didn't end up getting to go in until 8:30. By 9:30, I had the pitocin drip in and the anesthesiologist was on his way for the epidural {why feel contractions when I was planning on drugs the whole time? :) } Around 11:30, I was dilated to a 4 and the doctor came in to break my water. At about 3:30, I was dilated to a 6. Then, surprisingly, at 4:45, I was a 9! The doctor came in to check me again at about 5:10 and told me I could push, then the nurse got everything set for me to start, the doctor left (apparently this is normal, you push with the nurse first since its supposed to take awhile..especially on the first birth), and I started to push! I have to admit, I was scared for this part! It was time to get the baby out! 3 contractions later, he was literally about to come right out and the doctor wasn't there yet! They told me to stop pushing immediately, and it was chaos!! Finally, the doctor got there and was prepped, then said I could push and his whole head and body came out with that push! It was so much easier than I thought it would be! He is 8lbs8oz and 20 inches long. I was induced early because the doctor was worried he would get really big, and if I had gone to term, he would have been in the 9 lb range! He is the most precious, darling baby I've ever laid eyes on. He has a FULL head of dark, luscious hair! full lips, a little button nose, and little chubby cheeks :) I love him so much. I look at him and can't help but think "how did this precious angel come out of ME?!" Matt and I feel so blessed that I had a perfect pregnancy, delivery, and now this perfectly healthy little boy to add to our family. LIFE IS GOOD! :) :) :)
Congratulations!!!!! He is too perfect!!! =]
ReplyDeleteCongrats Congrats Congrats!!! Can't wait to see pix!
ReplyDeleteAwww, yaaaayyyy!!!!!!!! Good job, Mommy! How fun that you FINALLY get to hold your sweet little angel?! I can't wait to see MORE pictures! Actually, I can't wait to see him in REAL LIFE!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!! Im so excited that things went so well for you guys! I can't wait to see the little guy :)
ReplyDeleteOkay, sorry it has taken me so long, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am soo soo happy for you guys!
ReplyDelete