The day after thanksgiving, we planned to all go skiing. Sad thing was, my little cousin Mazie ended up getting really sick when we got up to the ski resort and had to be taken to the hospital. So my aunt and uncle weren't able to come skiing with us :( Luckily, Mazie is doing well after spending 2 days in the hospital and she's on her way home to Seattle. Those of us that were able to stay and ski had a blast! I hadn't gone in like 3 years {which is ridiculous considering I live in UTAH!} and Matt and I were actually able to take a couple of runs together while Mom watched Maxson in the lodge {thanks, Mom!}.
Saturday, we were all pooped from traveling/eating/skiing/staying up late/waking up early, so we lounged around most of the day and then went out to dinner and then to Comedy Sportz. It ended up being a fun night!
Although the weekend was fun, we were all put through the ringer as far as trials go. Funnily enough, I teach Relief Society {to learn more about what Relief Society is, click here: mormon.org/FAQ/relief-society } on the fourth Sunday of the month, and today the lesson was "All Things Work Together For Good"... a lesson dedicated to the trials we go through in our lives--how to get through them, why we have them, how to be strengthened from them etc. it was the PERFECT lesson for me to prepare, considering the trial-filled week I have just been through {Matt's grandpa died, Maxson and I got a stomach virus and were super sick on tuesday, on top of everything we dealt with with my family!}. It made me realize I need to be THANKFUL for the trials I go through...that they are blessings to strengthen us and ultimately make us better people. I also need to realize we need to be thankful to our Savior at ALL times, not just in the good times. Lets face it... my WORST day isn't even close to what a lot of people are dealing with!
Anyways, I am so thankful my family came safely {albeit a day late and frustrated from the weather}, I am grateful that Mazie is feeling better, and I am grateful to have my trials!
Hope you all had a fabulous thanksgiving!!
What a great post! I am so glad you had a good time with your family, I know how much you miss them! Thanks for reminding me to be thankful for my trials, it is NOT an easy thing to do! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear that Mazie is ok. And that you got to see your family. =] I love what you said, that we need to be thankful to our Savior at all times, not just during the good times. What a perfect lesson...it always seems (for me at least) that I learn the most when I teach...probably more than the people I'm teaching to!
ReplyDelete