12/13/10

tis the season!

can you guys believe how close it is to Christmas?! The month of December always seems to fly by so fast...probably because it never fails to be ridiculously busy. Matt's and my families are so impossibly large that I am always overwhelmed by the amount of gifts we need to buy. I start panicking thinking of everyone, and how we can't leave anyone out or they would get their feelings hurt. This year, in the midst of all my panicking, my LOVELY relief society had an activity and the main message was the TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS. I think we all are guilty of losing sight of the reason why we have a CHRISTmas to begin with. We are celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. He wouldn't want us to get so caught up with the gift giving and consumerism that has become Christmas. He would want us to do acts of service, let our neighbors know we love them, and see everyone like He sees them: sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. I think once I changed my mindset, it made me slow down, realize how blessed my family and I are, and see that gifts aren't everything. I don't need to search for a week for the PERFECT something that my friend/family member/acquaintance would probably not use so much anyways. So thank you, relief society, for reminding me. And thank you, Heavenly Father, for sending Your son to us on Christmas.


p.s. how cute is this boy???

1 comment:

  1. Maxson is getting so big!!! and your family pictures areso cute!!!! and ofcourse an adorable puppy!!!

    ReplyDelete