3/26/11

Baby Food Recipe

Lately, I've been having a tough time getting Maxson to eat his baby food. He likes to throw it over the edge, spit it out, or just smoosh it in his fingers. I think it might have something to do with him getting 4 new teeth right now... can you blame him!? That would hurt. Or maybe he's just getting the "I'm a big boy" mentality and isn't interested in the smooth texture of baby food (even though I've tried chunks of whatever we're eating, cooked pasta, every fruit under the sun, etc..). But as most of you know, I've had a big issue with Maxson's weight and so I REFUSE to give up on him eating! So I've been getting a little creative. Today I decided to put my foot down and make him something he couldn't refuse to eat. And guess what? I came up with a delicious little recipe for baby food. I bet your little one would like it too! :)

Ingredients:

1 banana
2 strawberries
a handful of blueberries
1/2 cup of baby cereal (maxson likes oatmeal, but you can use rice too)
splash of water

Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend until ingredients are combined (don't over blend, you want some chunks for a fun texture). And there you have it! It made enough for his breakfast feeding and at least another meal of leftovers. Its great because it has the cereal in it, so they're getting good grains, not just fruit.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment