3/18/11

A Growing Boy

I seriously can't believe how fast time goes by. I feel like I'm always saying this...and the funny part is I used to HATE it when my parents said it all the time. It's been almost a year since Maxson was born. Am I the only one that feels like it was yesterday? My little, sweet, dear baby boy has changed and grown SO. MUCH. It makes me really sad...infancy goes by way too fast (maybe I wouldn't feel this way if my baby wasn't as mellow and wonderful as Maxson is..if he were a terror, I would probably feel differently!). So, I'm sorry if you all get so super tired of my blog posts revolving around this sweet angel of a baby, but he's my world, so that's all I can ever think to blog about! ;)


+Maxson took 2 steps yesterday. It was SO EXCITING! He had no idea why I got so excited, and hasn't taken any steps since. He seems pretty content just crawling, but I think he'll definitely be walking everywhere before he turns 1!

+He learned how to say "Uh-Oh!" Its the cutest thing! I say it all the time when I drop things or when he falls down, and one day he just repeated it! Now he tries to say it every time I do. It's amazing how smart babies are!

+When he hears applause, or when I say "Yayyy!" (Which is a lot, I say it every time I praise him), he gets a huge smile and starts clapping. I love it! Its even cuter when he spontaneously starts clapping... it's like he's cheering me on throughout the day!

+He loves opening all the kitchen drawers and reaching in and pulling everything out. It made me laugh so hard today when he tried so hard to reach in a drawer that was barely too high... from my angle I could see his little eyes peering over and his fingers reaching in trying to grab the napkin rings! bless his heart.

+He's continuing to gain weight like crazy! He actually has tons of fat rolls on his thighs. I love this.

+He's figured out how to actually PLAY with Nimbus. Nimbus hates anything that crinkles (like a plastic bag), and one day Maxson was crinkling a grocery bag (under CLOSE supervision, of course!) and he realized Nimbus didn't like it..so he chased him around the kitchen island crinkling the bag and waving it around at him! I was laughing so hard! I love that they are best buddies. Maxson is going to love having siblings some day!

I'm seriously loving being a mom. Sure, it can be boring sometimes, staying home all day...but the things I'm experiencing with him and the ways that he is teaching me to be a better, more patient person, is so priceless. I feel so fortunate and blessed to be in a position to not have to work. We are just loving life so much!

Kayla

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kayla you make me want to have babies! =) And get a puppy. Maxson is truly adorable.

    ReplyDelete