3/9/11

more domestic...

So, I have amazing friends. Seriously, super talented, creative, inspiring women that I look up to so much. It makes me want to be more like that...have a house that looks straight out of an anthropologie ad with fresh baked goods in the oven and wearing a hand-sewn skirt I just finished. I seriously know women like this! How can I be more like that?? I'm working on it. I am joining a sewing group with girls in my relief society, which is spear-headed by an amazing seamstress and creative girl, Leanne. Seriously, check out her blog. She does tons of tutorials on how to sew. I'm so excited! I have a sewing machine currently collecting dust in the office. I know how to thread it! but that's about it. I have ideas for clothes, but no clue how to execute them! I am so excited, because we are going to learn how to make this:

(p.s. this is my adorable, aforementioned friend Leanne)

well, something similar. we get to pick out and bring our own fabrics. Isn't that so adorable?! I will keep you updated on how my first attempt at sewing clothes goes! *fingers crossed it doesn't turn out to be a train wreck!

p.p.s... she does a tutorial on her blog on how to make this, which is super ambitious, but so cute I can't stand it. I really really want to make it!!

Kayla

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, you are so sweet. I was seriously a little embarrassed when Sunni linked to my blog. I just got sick of not finding cute dresses that were long enough and not being about to afford a $300 Anthro dress :) Can't wait to see how yours turns out! Adorable blog btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Have fun learning!!! I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete