4/14/11

I MADE this!! :)

So, I am probably too excited about this, but I MADE A SKIRT. I seriously have never been very crafty or, for that matter, patient enough to try and sew clothes! But my cute friend Leanne came and taught a group of women from my church how to sew a shirt dress. I was originally going to do this, but since I am preggo now, I thought something that is adjustable for my expanding tummy would be more practical. So I got a cute green seersucker fabric and made this skirt:

what you can't see in this picture is the back. it has two long ties attached to the side seams and you tie them in the back. So I can make them as tight or as loose as I need with my belly! (also, since I made this with maternity clothing in mind, it is still too big for me and makes my hips look like, 3 times as big as they are. but, it will fit brilliantly when I'm a whale! :) )if you want to learn how to make your own, go here and click on the tutorials tab. She makes it so easy to follow along and figure it out! :)


Kayla

4 comments:

  1. That is amazing! I, like you, don't feel like I'm very crafty, I think I am going to try it out! Great job, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Kayla! You should post a picture of your new adorable swim suit you got last night! I was loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ADORABLE! Great job! I don't think you're too excited about it... that is QUITE an accomplishment and awesome skill you're learning!!!

    And I don't think it makes your hips look big; it looks like you purposefully made the style of the skirt that way, flattering to your skinny figure. And how COOL that you made it maternity-style! I wish you would've snapped a picture of the back.

    Anyway, GREAT JOB. It's super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! i love it, isn't it so fun to make things? i have a whole list of to dos for Easter sewing to ge to. fun fun! :)
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete