11/20/11

Before your debut...

Dear Azalea,

Before you make your grand entrance, there are a few things Mommy wants to let you know. First, we are all so excited to welcome you home. Your big brother Maxson likes to climb all over you and pat and rub you, and you frequently protest to his jabs by jabbing him back...I think you'll be able to hold your own when it comes to playing with your big brother! :)
Sometimes, I can't believe I'm actually having a little girl. I was just so worried of never having one, it's almost surreal that my very own DAUGHTER will be here in two weeks! I've been having so much fun preparing for your arrival! Your room has been ready for a couple of months now, and your closet is jam-packed full of adorable clothes and shoes. I have a feeling I will always have a hard time saying "no" to cute clothes for you! Sometimes, after putting big brother to bed, I like to go in your room, sit on your chair, hold my belly, and just rock back and forth, picturing what it will be like when you are here. Your room is so peaceful and relaxing--I hope it has that effect on you.
So many people love you and cannot wait to meet you! Grandma and I speculate all the time: "I wonder what she will look like!" "I wonder if she'll have as much hair as Maxson!" "What do you think her personality will be like?" But in just a short few days, we will know for sure. When I dream about you (which is often) I picture you looking just like big brother, but with a certain femininity. I wonder if you will be a girly girl or a tomboy. Either way, I hope you grow up to know how loved you are. That you are a beautiful daughter of God, sent to loving parents that will do ANYTHING for you. I hope I can teach you to be kind, faithful, honest, a good friend. I hope we can have the type of relationship where we can stay up late giggling and talking. I hope to be able to celebrate your joys with you, grieve in your sorrows, give you hugs at the exact right time, and be understanding through all of the "phases" I know you will go through. I hope to be patient, soft-hearted, and full of compassion and love in your upbringing. I hope I can be the mother that you deserve to have.
As these last couple weeks of pregnancy go by, I'm trying to remember not to complain too much about how big I am/uncomfortable it is/what a hassle it is to have to get up to pee 18 times a night. I'm trying to remember that I will never get this special bond with you again. Right now, as you're squirming around, adjusting in my belly, I'm the only one that knows. I'm the only one that can feel it. It's our little secret. We will never have that again. Pregnancy is definitely not the most fun, but I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father gave you to me to grow. I never want to take that for granted--stretch marks and weight gain included.
Baby girl, daddy and I love you so much. Big brother will too--once he realizes what's going on and that you're here to stay :) Your grandmas and grandpas and aunts and uncles are so excited that you are almost here! Not as excited as I am though! Please be nice on your way out :)

LOVE YOU ALWAYS,
Momma

3 comments:

  1. That was adorable Kayla! You should print and frame this when she is a little older. Hope to see you guys soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post! Azalea is one lucky baby girl to be coming to your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I can't wait for the big day!!

    ReplyDelete