One of my favorite things about our new place is how close we are to Downtown Huntington. When we are feeling bored or stir crazy, it's easy to hop in the stroller and walk around, especially since the weather is always perfect. On Tuesdays, they do a farmers market, which was really lucky for me because right around nap time my little ones went crazy. And nothing calms the crazies like a good, long walk.
Such beautiful flowers, it made me miss Pike Place Market in Seattle. I did pick up the most beautiful ranunculus and freesia bouquets though, and then could not stop sniffing the freesia all the way home.
Thankfully, Maxson conked out pretty soon after we reached the market. Little Zellie loved all the people and dogs and was not able to turn off her repetitions of "HIIIII!", "PUPPPYYYYY!" and "THAT THAT THAT" long enough to fall asleep, however.
My haul. Almost too pretty to eat!
I think I'm going to make it a rule that my house must have a fresh vase of freesia weekly... The smell is just heavenly.
Thank you, Huntington, for wrapping your arms around us. I don't think I'm ever leaving.

No comments:
Post a Comment