2/15/11

Book Club

I love to read. I always have a book by my bed to read at night and just love to enter a different world and imagine myself there. I even listen to books on CD on road trips (something matt absolutely HATES. "it's so boring!"). So I was so excited when my friend Merrick invited me to join her book club. As I mentioned before, I love reading...what I didn't mention is that I never know what book to choose at the book store. I get so overwhelmed with all the interesting titles and covers that I freak out at the thought of actually having to choose one. Therefore, book club works great for me because other people choose for me! Plus, Matt isn't exactly a captive audience when I tell him all about the book I'm reading. Now I get to chat with other women who just read the book! Hooray!


The book we are reading right now is called Juliet. It's SO GOOD! It literally changes everything you thought you knew about Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet". I've been reading it for like 4 days now and I'm already 150 pages into it! This is no small feat considering I stay home with a very active 9 1/2 month old! :) Anyways, since most of you are out of state and can't join our book club, I'll tell you what we're reading so you, too, can pick a book to read! (does anyone else have as hard a time as i do picking a book? or is that just me?)

Kayla

1 comment:

  1. I am totally the same way!! I LOVE reading...but it is hard to choose a book...especially with so many out there. I joined goodreads.com, along with some other friends, that way we can see what other people have read and liked and what they plan on reading...I have found so many good books that way! Please share all of the books you will be reading! I am going to go to my ward's book club next month too...because, just like Matt, Tommy really isn't that interested when I tell him about a book I've just read. haha =]

    ReplyDelete